PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE30 tracer wire is designed to have the flexibility, memory, and feel of copper. It also has a 43% higher break-load , minimizing damage during installation and while in service. This product is best suited for open-trench applications. Equal in signal tracing performance, it simply outperforms copper tracer wire and significantly reduces material costs.
- User-Friendly and Virtually No "Recoil".
- Significantly Lower in Cost with Great Price Stability.
- 30 Mil, High-Density, HMWPE Insulation (HDPE), and Direct Burial Rated.
- Tracer Wire Performance Equal to Copper.
- Corrosion Resistant Properties of Copper
- 43% Higher Break Load than Copper.
- Flexibility, Memory, and Feel of Copper.
- Designed for Open-Cut, Plow-In, and Blow-In Applications.
- ASTM B910 / B190M: Standard Specification for Annealed Copper-Clad Steel Wire.
- ASTM D1248: Standard Standard Specification for Polyethylene Plastics Extrusion Materials For Wire and Cable
- ASTM B170: Standard Specification for Oxygen-Free Electrolytic Copper.
PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE30 is a flexible, copper-clad steel tracer wire. A low carbon steel core, metallurgically bonded with a copper cladding, that is uniform and continuous, creating a bi-metal conductor that acts as one and is corrosion resistant. Special annealing processes are performed during the cladding process giving HF-CCS the flexibility and feel of copper, but 43% higher in strength which means less breaks then copper tracer wire.
PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE30 uses a 30 mil, high-density, high molecular weight polyethylene (HDPE) insulation. HDPE provides an excellent balance of surface smoothness, processing ease and electrical consistency. HDPE provides superior strength against underground elements that help prevent accidental breaks caused buy rocks in shifting soil conditions.
Tracer wire for open-cut installation shall be a 12 AWG solid, PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE30. Conductor shall be annealed, 21% IACS, copper-clad steel, utilizing a AISI 1006 low carbon steel core with minimum break load of 282 lbs or 55,000 psi (required to meet break load, flexbility, and ASTM B910). Conductor shall be extruded with a 30 mil, high density, high molecular weight polyethylene (HMW-HDPE) persuant to ASTM D1248. Tracer wire shall be rated for direct burial use at 30 volts and RoHS compliant. Tracer wire shall be PRO-TRACE HF-CCS PE30 as manufactured by Pro-Line Safety Products.