Applications and Information
• TRACER-LOCK® Connector is a direct bury, self-stripping, locking connector system used for making connections to underground tracer wire systems. Our innovative and unique design allows the connector to be installed as an “in-line” or “lateral” connector without stripping the tracer wire.
• Works with sizes 18 thru 8 AWG. Sizes can be mixed or matched. The wide range of sizes is useful as different sizes are commonly used in open-cut versus boring installs.
• Pre-filled with a propriatary anti-oxide compound with excellent water and corrosion proofing technology that provides superior electrical continuity.
• Self-stripping design that utilizes a stationary toothed blade for insulation displacement. Eliminates installer error and issues caused by stripping wire manually.
• A one-piece connector that utilizes mechanical compression for extreme holding power that no other tracer wire connector can match. Eliminates the need to tie knots into wire before entering connector for extra holding power. Housing is virtually indestructible.
• Each connector is bagged with installation instructions for quick reference anytime.
• Designed to work with all forms of copper, copper-clad steel (CCS), and stainless steel tracer wire (See Table 1). Can also be used as an access point for locators.
Standards and References
TRACER-LOCK® Connector meets or exceeds all applicable UL standards and requirements of the National Electrical Code.
• Sealed Wire Connection System for use in Damp, Wet, Raintight, Watertight, Submersible, and Direct Bury Locations.
TRACER-LOCK® Connector is a one-piece mechanical connector that is injection molded from polycarbonate and features a threaded screw with a breakaway shear nut system. This closes the connector, strips the wire, and locks the installation with mechanical superiority. Connector has outstanding temperature and high impact resistance, along with extreme holding power to withstand backfill pressure. Pre-filled with a propriatary anti-oxide compound for corrosion, longevity, and superior electrical continuity.
Tracer Wire Splicing: Contractor shall use a Tracer-Lock® Connector (#TL-LUG-SS), manufactured by Pro-Line Safety Products, on all mainline and lateral connections. Tracer-Lock® features a side-tap that liminates cutting of the tracer wire main when a lateral is required. Accepts sizes of 18 AWG thru 8 AWG not exceeding an insulated outside diameter of 0.225”. Access Points: Tracer-Lock® can also be installed as an access point for locating crews. For an access point, use Side-B for holding the tracer main or lateral end as normal; then use Side A with a 4” piece of tracer wire to act as a locate nub for hook-ups. For securing the connector in place to a structure, such as a gas meter or fire hydrant, use a plastic zip tie.